compensation: DOE employment type: full-time job title: Transportation Sales Coordinator telecommuting ok
QR Code Link to This Post
We are excited about the opportunity to add to our growing transportation sales department. We are currently focused on adding a Transportation Sales Coordinator to our team. This position will assist and support our sales and account management team, oversee their customers and carriers. This candidate must be highly organized and have the ability to be successful in a fast paced environment with rapidly changing priorities.
· Coordinating loading and delivery appointments
· Acquire daily progress updates from carriers
· Eliminate delays in loading or unloading thru clear communication and expectations
· Trace and track all loads
· Update customers on truck progress
· Monitor on time deliveries
· Anticipate and escalate problems
· Order entry, status updates
· Performance reports
· Any other job responsibilities identified by management
Standard work hours are Monday thru Friday 6 am to 4 pm unless otherwise required to complete objectives. Sometimes we find it necessary to stay extra hours during the week or come in for a couple hours on Saturdays during our busy periods or seasons, and if problems arise that require that additional effort.
The Transportation Coordinator will have carrier contact, be aware of market supply and demand conditions, and truck availability.
The Transportation Coordinator is responsible for accurate and complete file maintenance and documentation from the beginning of each entered load, until the truck delivers. This will be particularly important in the case of rate discrepancies or claims for delays, shortages, damages, or unspecified accessorial charges. They will keep good notes on any file where a problem may arise so that we have the best chance of recovering any losses from an insurance company or in court from a broker or other customer, and to ensure profit on each load.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate and possess the following skills:
· College degree or minimum 2 years experience in a transportation brokerage office
· Driven, enthusiastic and motivated
· Extremely organized and detail oriented
· Exceptional customer service skills
· Strong communication (both verbal and written), problem solving, & decision making skills
· Must have the ability to excel in a team-based environment
· Must have a knack for time management and able to work in a fast paced environment
· Ability to multi-task in a windows based environment
· Proficiency with smart phones and relevant technology
· Knowledge/Experience in transportation or perishable goods environment (i.e.: shipping, receiving, inventory, distribution, or dispatch)
Who we are and what we can offer:
We are primarily a long haul refrigerated trucking company. We specialize in hauling perishable goods from coast to coast. We are family owned and operated. We have multiple offices throughout the United States. Our company has seen tremendous growth recently. This growth has been carefully managed to assure that our team does not lose track of the company’s guiding principles and continue to build on the strong foundation that makes it the success that it has become. We take personal responsibility for assuring that every shipment is done right. To accomplish our goals we know we have to have the right type of motivated individuals. We highly value our employees and take great pride in the quality of our team. They execute our principles every day and we are looking for another great addition to our group.
We offer an excellent work environment and a causal and comfortable office. We also offer paid holidays and vacation. Salary determined based on experience and qualifications. For more information please email your resume and/or work experience.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Do NOT contact this job poster with unsolicited services or offers.